os x 64-bit?

Brian Bloniarz brian.bloniarz at gmail.com
Tue Nov 9 12:48:29 EST 2010

On 11/09/2010 02:36 AM, John Lato wrote:
> I was wondering if there is a status report anywhere of progress towards
> making ghc compile 64-bit on Snow Leopard.  There are a few trac tickets
> that seem related:

I think http://hackage.haskell.org/trac/ghc/ticket/3472
is related if you haven't seen it.

I'm not working on this, though I am interested in helping enable
cross-compilation of GHC in general. I have been working on one facet
though: hsc2hs. hsc2hs is one of barriers to cross-compilation because
it requires compiling and running a .c file on the target machine
(because it needs target-specific information like the layout of
structures; GHC's mkDerivedConstants also has the same problem).

I have a proof-of-concept patch which can do hsc2hs codegeneration
without running anything. This uses the same approach that autoconf
uses for cross-compilation. I'll try to post it within the next few
days -- if anybody finds this approach interesting please let me know.

Thanks,
-Brian