Profiling bug in 6.10.4

Gregory Wright gwright at antiope.com
Wed Mar 31 21:10:08 EDT 2010

On 3/31/10 11:44 AM, Ian Lynagh wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 22, 2010 at 02:54:26PM -0400, Gregory Wright wrote:
>
>> Now they seem to both be correct.  The key value is at the bottom of
>> column 8.  This should be 2.386e-1
>> (which means that 23.86 percent of the protons in the early universe end
>> up as helium).  So it
>> seems that this is a problem either with 6.10.4, or with OS X.
>>
>> Quite strange.  I will try to get 6.12 building on my machine to see if
>> the problem persists.
>>
> It would also be worth trying without the -optc-O3 and -optc-ffast-math
> flags, as the different code generated may confuse the mangler.
>
> If none of that helps, can you file a ticket please? If you can boil it
> down to a small self-contained testcase (in particular, removing the
> hmatrix dependency, if necessary by inlining code you need from it)
> that would make it easier to investigate.
>

> Thanks
> Ian

Removing -optc-O3 and -optc-ffast-math did not help.  In fact, I took at
all of the
ghc options I was passing and the problem is still there. I will try to
reduce the failure
to a self contained testcase.   I don't use much from hmatrix --- aside
from the LU
solution for a matrix system, just basic matrix addition, subtraction,
scaling and the
dot product.

Best,
Greg