Profiling bug in 6.10.4

Ian Lynagh igloo at
Wed Mar 31 11:44:39 EDT 2010

On Mon, Mar 22, 2010 at 02:54:26PM -0400, Gregory Wright wrote:
> Now they seem to both be correct.  The key value is at the bottom of
> column 8.  This should be 2.386e-1
> (which means that 23.86 percent of the protons in the early universe end
> up as helium).  So it
> seems that this is a problem either with 6.10.4, or with OS X.
> Quite strange.  I will try to get 6.12 building on my machine to see if
> the problem persists.

It would also be worth trying without the -optc-O3 and -optc-ffast-math
flags, as the different code generated may confuse the mangler.

If none of that helps, can you file a ticket please? If you can boil it
down to a small self-contained testcase (in particular, removing the
hmatrix dependency, if necessary by inlining code you need from it)
that would make it easier to investigate.