Feedback request: priority queues in containers

Louis Wasserman wasserman.louis at gmail.com
Tue Mar 16 12:16:09 EDT 2010

I'm not willing to do this sort of typeclass wrapper thing, primarily
because nothing else in containers does -- even though we might have a
Mapping type class that handles both IntMap and Map, we don't.

I'm inclined to let that design choice stand, as far as containers is
concerned.  It would make perfect sense to write a new package with such a
type class and offering instances for the containers priority queue
implementations, but I prefer to stick with the style that containers
already seems to use -- that is, exporting separate modules without a
unifying type class, but with nearly-identical method signatures.

Louis Wasserman
wasserman.louis at gmail.com
http://profiles.google.com/wasserman.louis