GHC core plugins

Tyson Whitehead twhitehead at gmail.com
Wed Jan 27 10:30:22 EST 2010

On January 27, 2010 05:44:00 José Pedro Magalhães wrote:
> Alright, ticket created: http://hackage.haskell.org/trac/ghc/ticket/3843
>
> In any case, for now I am willing to hard-code a new core-to-core pass on
> the compiler. Any pointers for where I have to look at?

Just wondering a couple of things about core -> core plugins.

Is the second use case mentioned by pumpkingod there (tracking which rewrite
rules are firing and when) actually possible using a core -> core plugin?

(it would be great to have this information fed into some sort of emacs plugin
where one could drill down on specific functions to see what is happening)

Also, is Hoopl expected to be used on core -> core plugins, and, if so, is the
infrastructure in place for this?

Thanks!  -Tyson