Scriptable error messages

Simon Peyton-Jones simonpj at microsoft.com
Fri Jan 22 07:13:11 EST 2010

GHC doesn't have any way to let you "plug in" new error messages.  I imagine you mean in the type inference engine?

Can you characterise more precisely what you want, perhaps by example.

I do urge you to read the Utrecht work; they have done tremendous stuff on user-defined type rules and associated user-defined error messages.

Simon