Installing syb(-0.1.03) package in head version of Haskell

Bayley, Alistair Alistair.Bayley at invesco.com
Tue Feb 23 10:05:56 EST 2010

Just a wild guess, but the package description has this non-ascii text:

author:                 Ralf Lämmel, Simon Peyton Jones

It could well be Latin-1 encoded, rather than UTF8.

Try editing the author field to this:

author:                 Ralf Laemmel, Simon Peyton Jones

and rebuilding/installing.

Confidentiality Note: The information contained in this message,
and any attachments, may contain confidential and/or privileged
material. It is intended solely for the person(s) or entity to
which it is addressed. Any review, retransmission, dissemination,
or taking of any action in reliance upon this information by
persons or entities other than the intended recipient(s) is