Removing/deprecating -fvia-c

Christian Höner zu Siederdissen choener at tbi.univie.ac.at
Mon Feb 15 13:28:01 EST 2010

Hi,

the things I am interested in are:

foldU f init .
mapU (\k -> array_1 !: (i,k) `combine` array_2 !: (k,j)) $
enumFromToU i j

where (!:) = fancy_index_op

with both `vector` and `uvector` (then D.V.fold etc).

Since ghc 6.12 there has been no significant difference in using either
backend. Then again, more time is spent indexing than optimising the
tight loop.

Viele Gruesse,
Christian Hoener zu Siederdissen

From: Ian Lynagh <igloo at earth.li>