Quasi quoting

Henrik Nilsson nhn at Cs.Nott.AC.UK
Wed Feb 3 11:02:08 EST 2010

 > |  > But it'd remove "<|" and "|>" as a
 > |  > valid operators, at least for quasiquote customers.  I don't know
 > |  > how bad that would be.
 > |
 > | Good brackets are scarce.  I'd prefer to stick with one of the many
 > | fine variations on [|...|] currently being discussed.
 >
 > I agree with this.  My gut feel is to stick with [| ..|] and
variants, > and live with the fact that TH and QQ aren't using them in
quite the
 > same way.

Seconded. Removing "<|" and "|>" as valid operators is potentially quite
bad, in my opinion worse than the interference with the list
comprehensions for "quasiquote customers", because the operators may
come from various external libraries that one really would like to use.
The list comprehension interference is strictly confined to modules
where quasiquoting is enabled.

Best,

/Henrik

--