Quasi quoting

Sebastian Fischer sebf at informatik.uni-kiel.de
Tue Feb 2 06:12:45 EST 2010

On Feb 1, 2010, at 11:46 PM, Jason Dusek wrote:

> Wouldn't `(|' and `|)' be safer?

I like this suggestion. It avoids conflicts with Template Haskell and
list comprehensions. Conor McBride also picked these brackets as idiom
brackets in his preprocessor she.

[$blah| ... |]  could be replaced with  (blah| ... |)  and  (| ... |)
could be syntactic sugar for  (quote| ... |)  and use whatever
definition of  quote  is in scope.

Would this introduce severe ambiguities? I can think of  (foo||bar)
where you need to go to the end to see that it does not end in  |).

Sebastian

--
Underestimating the novelty of the future is a time-honored tradition.
(D.G.)