GIO.012.0 installation

Eugene Kirpichov ekirpichov at gmail.com
Tue Dec 21 11:31:53 CET 2010

Hi,

This means that you don't have a "native" gio package - it's not a
haskell package.
Cabal does not currently integrate with native package managers and it
can only tell you that a package is required but missing.
I think gio is part of glib - for example, on Ubuntu you'd do "sudo
apt-get install libglib2.0-0 libglib2.0-dev"

2010/12/21 Aswad, Mustafa <mka19 at hw.ac.uk>:
> Hi dear;
>

> I am try to build Gio package using  cabal  version cabal-install version
> 0.8.2
> and Ghc version  version 6.12.3. Bu I got  such error  which I can not
> solve it
> setup: The pkg-config package gio-2.0 version >=2.16.4 is required but it
> could not be found.
>
> Could any of you till me how come this problem.
>

> thanks

Eugene Kirpichov
Senior Software Engineer,
Grid Dynamics http://www.griddynamics.com/