How to develop on a (GHC) branch with darcs

Max Bolingbroke batterseapower at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 6 18:05:39 CET 2010

Hi,

On 6 December 2010 01:57, Iavor Diatchki <iavor.diatchki at gmail.com> wrote:
> I am doing some work on a GHC branch and I am having a lot of troubles
> (and spending a lot of time) trying to keep my branch up to date with HEAD,
> so I would be very grateful for any suggestions by fellow developers of how
> I might improve the process.

Unfortunately I don't have any useful advice on how to avoid the
problem. I've found exactly the same issues for every GHC branch I've
ever developed, but haven't found a nice workaround.

I'd really like to see some solution though. Back in the day this is
the reason that I pushed for moving GHC to Git (though that process
sort of ran out of steam), and I still think that would be a good
move, but any sort of solution would be good.

Cheers,
Max