[Haskell] Re: ANNOUNCE: GHC version 6.10.3

Simon Marlow marlowsd at gmail.com
Fri May 15 04:16:13 EDT 2009

On 15/05/2009 05:52, Benjamin L.Russell wrote:
> What happened to the Windows installation section in the corresponding
> User's Guide?  The User's Guide for GHC version 6.10.2 (see
> http://www.haskell.org/ghc/docs/6.10.2/html/users_guide/index.html)
> had section 2.2: Installing on Windows (see
> http://www.haskell.org/ghc/docs/6.10.2/html/users_guide/install-windows.html#winfaq),
> but this section seems to be missing in the corresponding document for
> version 6.10.3 (see
> http://www.haskell.org/ghc/docs/latest/html/users_guide/index.html).
> Not only that, but the entire chapter "2: Installing GHC" seems to be
> missing.

The "Installing GHC" section was mostly out-of-date and wrong, so I
removed it.  Some of the material, such as the section on the layout of
the tree, has been updated and moved to the GHC Building Guide, here

We also have lots of information on the GHC web site about obtaining and
installing GHC, so if we need anything else I think that would be the
best place to put it.