Solaris 8 and

Brandon S. Allbery KF8NH allbery at
Tue Mar 17 11:17:55 EDT 2009

On 2009 Mar 17, at 10:36, Christian Maeder wrote:
> Ralph Crawford wrote:
>> ln -s /usr/lib/ $BOS_ROOT/lib/
> You need an actual library that contains the missing
> symbols.
> To this library you set a link in a directory that is in the
> front of your LD_LIBRARY_PATH, so that instead of
> 1 is
> found via

It's a bit more complex than that:  if you have the appropriate
service contract you can request the C9X patch cluster, otherwise you
can't get at all, as far as I can determine.  I came up with
an ugly hack to work around it, but would prefer to find a better

brandon s. allbery [solaris,freebsd,perl,pugs,haskell] allbery at
system administrator [openafs,heimdal,too many hats] allbery at