Cygwin version

Tuomo Valkonen tuomov at iki.fi
Wed Mar 11 12:40:33 EDT 2009

On 2009-03-11, Simon Marlow <marlowsd at gmail.com> wrote:
> For a start, you should set your platforms like this:
>
>    build  = i386-unknown-mingw32
>    host   = i386-unknown-mingw32
>    target = i386-unknown-cygwin32

"GHC configuration does not support differing host/target (i.e., cross-compiling)"
with both the 6.6 and 6.10.1 binaries.

Is an existing cross-compiler really necessary? If a stage1 compiler is
created in any case, can't it just be made to be a cross-compiler?

> If you're really interested in getting this working, expect to have to do a
> lot of hacking in GHC's internals, build system, and libraries.  We're here
> to help, of course.

Seems like it will be easier to switch to another version control system.

--
Stop Gnomes and other pests! Purchase Windows today!