ThreadScope: Request for features for the performance tuning of parallel and concurrent Haskell programs

Satnam Singh satnams at
Wed Mar 11 09:24:47 EDT 2009

Donnie Jones, Simon Marlow and I have been working on infrastructure for logging run-time events and a graphical viewer program called ThreadScope. Hopefully these features will make it into the next release of GHC. We hope the event-log viewer ThreadScope will be useful for the performance tuning of parallel and concurrent Haskell programs. You can see a few screen shots at the program's website

Before making the release I thought it would be an idea to ask people what other features people would find useful or performance tuning. So if you have any suggestions please do let us know!

Satnam Singh

Satnam Singh
7 JJ Thomson Avenue
United Kingdom

Email: satnams at<mailto:satnams at>
UK tel: +44 1223 479905
Fax: +44 1223 479 999
UK mobile: +44 7979 648412
USA cell: 206 330 1580
USA tel: 206 219 9024
Live Messenger: satnam at<mailto:satnam at>