Cygwin version

Tuomo Valkonen tuomov at
Sun Mar 8 16:24:34 EDT 2009

On 2009-03-08, Don Stewart <dons at> wrote:
>     "Here is a complete, from-scratch, log of all you need to build GHC
>     using Cygwin, kindly provided by Claus Reinke. "

These appear to be instructions to build a Windows version _using Cygwin_.
I wanted a _real_ Cygwin version of GHC that builds Cygwin binaries,
providing Cygwin POSIX functionality, etc.

In 1995, Linux was almost a bicycle; an alternative way of live to the
Windows petrol beasts that had to be taken to the dealer for service.
By 2008, Linux has bloated into a gas-guzzler, and local vendors and
artisans have had to yield to "all under one roof" big box hypermarkets.