wiki page on GHC GC

Claus Reinke claus.reinke at talk21.com
Wed Jun 24 09:24:33 EDT 2009

> one thing that isn't so good is that we lack a library of GHC-related
> papers. ideally, i just have to add a link to some GHC/Papers#GC that
> contains everything ever published about this topic.

http://haskell.org/haskellwiki/Research_papers#Categories

http://haskell.org/haskellwiki/Research_papers/Runtime_systems#Garbage_collection

http://haskell.org/haskellwiki/Research_papers/Parallelism_and_concurrency#Parallel_garbage_collection

As usual, the hierarchical organisation has reached its limits,
and a tag based categorisation would be more useful..

Also, generating the wiki pages from a BibTeX file, or database,
for easy maintenance/referencing, would help. A long time ago,
I wrote a Perl script to generate a hierarchical HTML index
from BibTeX, by simply copying each entry to every category
it mentioned in a tag list - these days, one would write that in
Haskell, but there are online tools for similar jobs, such as
citeulike.org: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Citeulike

So you could try selecting the references you're interested in
and give them a tag that makes them easier to find

http://www.citeulike.org/search/all?q=ghc+garbage

has some hits, but is far from unambiguous.

Claus

PS There are of course, gc-specific bibliographies, such as
    http://www.cs.kent.ac.uk/people/staff/rej/gcbib/gcbib.html
    http://www.cs.kent.ac.uk/people/staff/rej/cgi-bin/searchbib?pattern=haskell