wiki page on GHC GC

Bulat Ziganshin bulat.ziganshin at gmail.com
Wed Jun 24 08:11:09 EDT 2009

Hello Simon,

> You could link to the recent paper about the parallel GC, it has plenty
> of information about the architecture of the GC (not just relevant to
> parallel GC):

> http://www.haskell.org/~simonmar/bib/parallel-gc-08_abstract.html

i scanned it and it looks as more advanced reading. basically, i plan
to make a "tutorial" version of basic 1993 paper plus add practical
information as we talked in May

one thing that isn't so good is that we lack a library of GHC-related
papers. ideally, i just have to add a link to some GHC/Papers#GC that
contains everything ever published about this topic. but now we have
the following SPJ page (that don't yet mention paper above):

http://research.microsoft.com/en-us/um/people/simonpj/papers/papers.html#gc

and papers on your page that are sorted by date rather than topic

i'm interested what people think about establishing GHC-related papers
wiki page? it will allow to bring together papers from you, SPJ and
other authors, carefully split it to topics and add more commentary
without disturbing you. OTOH, it may be a waste of time since we will find
not much outside of Simon&Simon pages

--
Best regards,
 Bulat                            mailto:Bulat.Ziganshin at gmail.com