Job for someone: make a VM image for GHC development

Sebastian Fischer sebf at informatik.uni-kiel.de
Fri Jun 5 05:04:02 EDT 2009

On Jun 2, 2009, at 1:57 PM, Simon Marlow wrote:

> We'd probably need to find a suitably minimal Linux install, or
> start from an existing minimal Linux VM image.

There is a german article [1] how to combine BusyBox [2] with a linux
kernel to get a full (restricted, but small) linux system. Maybe this
helps reducing the image size.

There are english articles [3] on the web too.

Cheers,
Sebastian

[1]: http://www.heise.de/ct/inhalt/2009/12/156/
[2]: http://www.busybox.net/about.html
[3]: http://www.google.com/search?q=building+tiny+linux+systems+with+busybox

--
Underestimating the novelty of the future is a time-honored tradition.
(D.G.)