Job for someone: make a VM image for GHC development

Corey O'Connor coreyoconnor at gmail.com
Thu Jun 4 15:05:51 EDT 2009

On a related note: I have an amazon EC2 machine image* based on Ubuntu
Server edition with the following set up:
- GHC 6.10.3 + locally installed documentation
- cabal install

Which is, IMO, the baseline requirements of a haskell dev environment.
What other packages would be useful?

I'd imagine the setup for a VM image and an a Amazon EC2 image would
have an identical base. Well, maybe the amazon EC2 image should use a
server distro while the vm image a desktop distro?

-Corey O'Connor

* I don't know how to release the machine image such that it's
paramaterized by a public/private key unique to the user. Once I
figure that out I'll make sure it's public.