space leak due to optimisations and/or newtypes

Sebastian Fischer sebf at informatik.uni-kiel.de
Thu Jun 4 18:54:48 EDT 2009

On Jun 4, 2009, at 2:33 PM, Sebastian Fischer wrote:

>> Try with -fno-full-laziness and/or -fno-cse.
>
> I did and found no difference when using any or both of these flags.

As "int-e" pointed out on the ticket that was my fault (spuriously
abstracting from command-line argument order). -fno-full-laziness does
avoid the space leak. Now that I am aware of let-floating I wonder why
removing any of the occurrences of 'id' happens to avoid it.

Cheers,
Sebastian

--
Underestimating the novelty of the future is a time-honored tradition.
(D.G.)