"Could not deduce (MArray (STUArray s) Int (ST s)) from context ()" when applying runST

Christian Klauser ch27k89 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 21 19:16:41 EDT 2009

Hi,
Thank you, works indeed with the strict ST monad. Didn't think of that. But
makes kind of sense not to define these instances, since unboxed values
cannot have their computation delayed. It's a bit unfortunate, however, that
a single use
of an unboxed array "forces" the whole state thread to become strict.