ANNOUNCE: GHC 6.10.4 Release Candidate 1

Ian Lynagh igloo at
Wed Jul 1 07:19:17 EDT 2009

We are pleased to announce the first release candidate for GHC 6.10.4:

We have now fixed all the bugs that we intend to fix for 6.10.4, so if
there is a bug that is important to you that hasn't been fixed in the
release candidate, please let us know. The release notes are here:

The directory above contains two source bundles:

Only the first of these is necessary. The "extralibs" package contains
various extra packages that we normally supply with GHC - unpack the
extralibs tarball on top of the source tree to add them, and they will
be included in the build automatically.

There are also installers for Windows (i386) and OS X (i386), and binary
distributions for x86_64/Linux and i386/Linux. More may appear later.

Please test as much as possible; bugs are much cheaper if we find them
before the release!

Ian, on behalf of the GHC team