how can I run ghci monad actions from ghci command line

Peter Hercek phercek at gmail.com
Wed Jan 28 10:54:52 EST 2009

Claus Reinke wrote:
> ghci-haskeline
>    This package reimplements ghci using the GHC API and the
> Haskeline package for line input in command-line programs.
>
> Just a copy&modify of some of the GHCi sources, including a
> Main.hs to call the modified code.

Thanks for the information.
Ok, from the example, it looks like ghci is significantly smaller than
the source in ghc-6.10.1/compiler/ghci directory. Hopefully my next
changes (if any at all) will not need more than a custom ghci. The test
I did needed also ghc change. The type of function GHC.resume changed from:
/resume :: GhcMonad m => SingleStep -> m RunResult/
to:
/resume :: GhcMonad m => (SrcSpan->Bool) -> SingleStep -> m RunResult/
... plus the corresponding implementation change.

The added argument is a filtering function to limit source spans which
can recorded in the trace history. I'll post more when I know how it
changes my debugging experience.

Peter.