Warning about unrecognised pragma

Colin Paul Adams colin at colina.demon.co.uk
Sun Feb 15 08:50:32 EST 2009

    Colin> I am getting messages: Board_representation.hs:407:0:
    Colin> Unrecognised pragma

    Colin> Board_representation.hs:442:0: Unrecognised pragma

    Colin> Board_representation.hs:458:0: Unrecognised pragma

    Colin> etc.

    Colin> (GHC 6.10.1)

    Colin> I looked into the documentation to see how to supress these
    Colin> warnings (prefereably for the particular pragma concerned),
    Colin> but I found (from 8.13):

    Colin> "any pragma encountered with an unrecognised word is (silently) ignored."

I didn't see any reactions to this.

Is it not a bug to emit the error message "Unrecognised pragma"?

If it isn't, then is the documentation sentence quoted above a
documentation bug? And how do I trun off the message - it is very
incovenient, as I get an awful lot of them, and it makes it hard for
me to see real error messages.
--
Colin Adams
Preston Lancashire