ANNOUNCE: GHC version 6.12.1

Malcolm Wallace malcolm.wallace at cs.york.ac.uk
Mon Dec 14 10:11:46 EST 2009

> I've the 6.10.4 version installed on my MacOS X 10.6 OS. Have I to
> uninstall this version of GHC before installing the Mac .pkg for the
> 6.12.1?

Most installer packages (_except_ for MacOS) allow you to have
multiple previous versions of ghc - they are simply left in place (but
must now be accessed as e.g. ghc-6.10.4 rather than plan ghc, which
now points to the new version).

However, there is an unfortunate feature/bug of the MacOS installer
packages that they forceably delete any previous versions of ghc that
you had on your machine.  This is undesirable for many reasons, but as
far as I know, it has not yet been fixed.

Regards,
     Malcolm