ANNOUNCE: GHC version 6.12.1

Marc Weber marco-oweber at gmx.de
Mon Dec 14 09:24:48 EST 2009

Excerpts from Luca Ciciriello's message of Mon Dec 14 15:12:45 +0100 2009:
> I've the 6.10.4 version installed on my MacOS X 10.6 OS. Have I to uninstall
> this version of GHC before installing the Mac .pkg for the 6.12.1?

Hi Luca,

You should be able to get some hints by looking at where ghc is installed.

By default ghc puts its libraries into directory which contains the ghc
release name. So libs can be installed at the same time.
There are also ghc(i)-pkg-$GHC_VERSION executables.
So it should be possible. However I don't know about Mac details.

But maybe someone else can give you a more accurate answer.

Sincerly
Marc Weber