6.10-candidate tested

Serge D. Mechveliani mechvel at botik.ru
Wed Sep 24 12:32:38 EDT 2008

On Wed, Sep 24, 2008 at 05:32:51PM +0200, Christian Maeder wrote:
> Do you have libedit on your linux machine (because I haven't)?

I do not know what is  libedit  and where to find it.

> In order to check this:
> Does "ghc-pkg list" the editline package? (And do your arrow keys and
> backspace work in ghci?)

1. ghc-pkg list   does not show the  editline  package.
2. The arrow keys and backspace do not work in  ghci.
This is so -- on my machine, under Debian Linux.

Dear GHC developers, can you comment, please?
Is this due to some deficiency in Debian Linux installation or this is
a bug in the GHC installation?

Regards,

Serge Mechveliani
mechvel at botik.ru