ANNOUNCE: GHC 6.10.1 beta

Matthias Kilian kili at outback.escape.de
Tue Sep 23 14:34:36 EDT 2008

Hi,

On Tue, Sep 23, 2008 at 03:38:56PM +0200, Christian Maeder wrote:
> The error far below is caused by "-perm /a+x" in mk/bindist.mk
> during find:
>
> I've changed it to "-perm -111"

Unfortunately, this will only find files with the executable bit
set for user, group and owner, so it should be "-perm +111". However,
even more unfortunately, at least the find(1) on OpenBSD doesn't
support the +mode pattern. This isn't a problem, because bindist
isn't very useful at all on OpenBSD, but it may be a problem on
other systems (I don't know what implementation of find(1) are used
on FreeBSD, NetBSD and MacOS X).

A workaround *may* be to use "-perm -100" (setting the execute bit
for group and others but not for the user would be really weird).

> Then "make install" could not replace links:
>
> ln -s runghc /local/home/maeder/bin/runhaskell
> ln: cannot create /local/home/maeder/bin/runhaskell: File exists
> gmake[2]: *** [install] Error 2

ln -fs should do the job.

Ciao,
	Kili