Is FPH implemented in GHC?

Simon Peyton-Jones simonpj at microsoft.com
Wed Sep 10 10:24:57 EDT 2008

Not yet.  But Dimitrios has just started a postdoc at MSR, so we will be working on fixing, once and for all, the impredicative story in GHC.

Meanwhile, why do you ask?  Making impredicative polymorphism work seems to be the Right Thing, but it's something of a "technology push", perhpas a solution in search of a problem.  Do you have an application that needs it?

This is a general question to GHC users.  (If you don't know what impredicative polymorphism is, think "can I have a type like (Maybe (forall a. [a] -> [a]))".)

Simon