Making GHC work on BSD

Simon Peyton-Jones simonpj at microsoft.com
Mon Sep 8 08:22:15 EDT 2008

Dear BDS hackers

We'd like GHC to be buildable on BSD, but at the moment it isn't.  We support GHC on Linux, Windows, Mac, but we really need help with BSD.

Alas, we didn't get much response to Simon's message below.  (One, I think -- thank you to that person!  I think it was Kili, but I'm not sure.)

So this message is to say: if you'd like GHC on BSD, please help!  No help probably means no GHC.  Time is short before GHC 6.10.

"Help" means more than "can offer a remote login", but less than "solve it by yourself".  We'll try hard to support you if you can invest a bit of time at your end.

Many thanks

Simon