More detail on breakage with ghc-6.10

Daniel Fischer daniel.is.fischer at web.de
Thu Oct 23 07:28:11 EDT 2008

Am Donnerstag, 23. Oktober 2008 12:59 schrieb Wolfgang Jeltsch:
> Am Samstag, 11. Oktober 2008 09:36 schrieb Duncan Coutts:
> > All,
> >
> > We've been using the cabal-install build reporting stuff to get more
> > detailed info on build failures with ghc-6.10 vs 6.8. cabal-install
> > generates these build-reports.log files and individual log files for
> > each build.
>
> build-reports.log informs me that configure failed for the lax package with
> both GHC 6.8 and GHC 6.10.  However, lax used to build fine on my machine
> with GHC 6.8.  So I looked at logs/lax-0.0.0.1.log but this file is empty.
> Why?
>
> Best wishes,
> Wolfgang

lax-0.0.0.1 just built fine for me using 6.8.3,

package: lax-0.0.0.1
os: linux
arch: i386
compiler: ghc-6.8.3
client: cabal-install-0.6.0
flags:
dependencies: base-3.0.2.0
install-outcome: InstallOk
docs-outcome: NotTried
tests-outcome: NotTried

Probably the log is empty because no build outcomes have been reported
(I just tried cabal report and got
cabal: /home/dafis/.cabal/reports/hackage.haskell.org: getDirectoryContents:
does not exist (No such file or directory)
, I can't be bothered now to find out what I'd have to do to make it work).

Cheers,
Daniel