Building ghc-6.10 with ghc-6.6.1

Bertram Felgenhauer bertram.felgenhauer at
Mon Oct 20 11:56:22 EDT 2008

I've successfully built ghc-6.10 with ghc-6.6.1; there was one minor

Building extensible-exceptions-
Control/Exception/Extensible.hs:2:13: cannot parse LANGUAGE pragma

ghc 6.6.1 does not know about DeriveDataTypeable - I just removed that

Software used:

  alex 2.2
  happy 1.17
  Cabal   (not relevant, I believe)
  gcc 4.1.2       (may be relevant because of cpp)

I'm not sure what Magicloud's problem is, but it's related to alex;
the contents of  .../alex-2.3/AlexTemplate-ghc  (whereever alex was
installed) would be interesting -- does it contain any lines
starting with # ?

This template is generated from templates/GenericTemplate.hs while
building alex.

Another idea is that {-# OPTIONS -fglasgow-exts -cpp #-} is somehow
missing from the generated  utils/genprimopcode/Lexer.hs  file in
the ghc tree - but I can't really see how that would happen.