cabal

Christian Maeder Christian.Maeder at dfki.de
Mon Oct 20 10:16:05 EDT 2008

Hi,

currently I've got a problem installing from hackage.
using:
  GHC (package manager) version 6.10.0.20081019
  cabal-install version 0.6.0
  using version 1.6.0.1 of the Cabal library

I get:

Building network-2.2.0.0...

Network/URI.hs:128:7:
    Could not find module `Data.Generics':
      it is a member of package base-3.0.3.0, which is hidden

even with:
  cabal install network --constrain="base<4"

(A similar problem happened with Shellac.)
How is the smart selection between base-3 and base-4 going to work?

Eventually, I want to install hxt-filter and Shellac-compatline.
(The interface in editline changed for Shellac-editline.)

Cheers Christian