ghc 6.10.1 on freebsd 7 amd64 - ghci problems

Markus Barenhoff alios at
Wed Nov 26 09:30:15 EST 2008

Because the ports seem not to get updated, I tried to compile ghc 6.10.1
under freebsd 7 on amd64 myself. For compiling I first used the ports ghc
version (6.8.3) and then, in a second try I used the self build 6.10.1 to
build it again.

I added building of api docs with:
$ echo "HADDOCK_DOCS = YES" >> mk/

I configured it with a simple ./configure and not more options.

The compiler seems to work well on both versions.

But if i try to start ghci I get the following:

---- snip ----
$ ghci

GHCi, version 6.10.1:  :? for help
ghc: Unable to mmap() for jump islands

  (GHC version 6.10.1 for x86_64-unknown-freebsd):
          loadObj: failed

Please report this as a GHC bug:

It looks he has some kind of library loading problems?

Any ideas?

Thnx and regards