ANNOUNCE: GHC version 6.10.1 - MacOS installer

Christian Maeder Christian.Maeder at dfki.de
Fri Nov 21 10:04:15 EST 2008

Jason Dagit wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 21, 2008 at 6:10 AM, Christian Maeder
> <Christian.Maeder at dfki.de> wrote:
>> Also note that gmp.h will not be found without:
>>
>>  export CPATH=/opt/local/include
>>
>> This directory should be part of the "include-dirs:" for the rts
>> package. And again the file /opt/local/include/gmp.h could be simply
>> copied to <prefix>/lib/ghc-6.10.1/include/
>
> Hmm...Okay, so how do I add a path to include-dirs?  In my case
> <prefix>=$HOME, so I looked under ~/lib/ghc-6.10.1 and I didn't see
> any files I could modify to change it.

I would suggest to only copy libgmp.a and gmp.h, because the file to
edit it <prefix>/lib/ghc-6.10.1/package.conf. Search for (package) "rts"
and the fields "libraryDirs" and "includeDirs". But if you mess up this
file, all may be lost (so back it up first).

> Was it an option I missed when I was doing the configure for the install?

I'm not sure what configure options to pass (before my building or your
installing)

> Thanks for making this package.  I hope we can make the install easier
> to understand and less error prone (fewer things to tweak locally).
>
> Thanks,
> Jason

Thanks, too
Christian