Ghci for Mac OSX?

Dave Bayer bayer at cpw.math.columbia.edu
Thu Nov 20 14:34:33 EST 2008

You must be having some kind of path issue, ghci is surely there.

Here's what I see on my office iMac:

> home % echo $PATH
> /usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/texbin:/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/
> sbin:/Local/bin
>
> home % which ghci
> /usr/bin/ghci
>
> home % cat `which ghci`
> #!/bin/sh
> exec /Library/Frameworks/GHC.framework/Versions/610/usr/bin/
> ghc-6.10.1 --interactive ${1+"$@"}

In other words, ghci is a script in /usr/bin pointing to the actual
installation, which is handled as a Framework. Just another place to
stash stuff, different than what one does in Linux.

Echo $PATH, watch for spaces in volume names (who knows!?), see if the
"real" file is there, do the above also for ghc itself to see where it
ended up. I'm sure it will be something simple...

Dave