cross module optimization issues

John Lato jwlato at
Sat Nov 15 17:07:33 EST 2008

I have a problem with a package I'm working on, and I don't have any
idea how to sort out the current problem.

One part of my package is in one monolithic module, without an export
list, which works fine.  However, when I've started to separate out
certain functions into another module, and added an export list to one
of the modules, which dramatically decreases performance.  The memory
behavior (as shown by -hT) is also quite different, with substantial
memory usage by "FUN_2_0".  Are there any suggestions as to how I
could improve this?