problem with echo prompting in ghci (visible in emacs)

Andrea Vezzosi sanzhiyan at gmail.com
Tue Nov 11 20:00:47 EST 2008

I get the same behaviour, and when I open ghci in xterm and press Ctrl-D it
also echoes ^D before quitting, which is similar to the problem with
haskell-mode which seems to don't like the echoing of ^J from ghci when one
uses commands like C-u C-c C-t (which should copy the inferred type from the
ghci buffer and insert it in the current file).

I'm using the ghc package from archlinux testing repository, which is built
with libedit 20080712_2.11.