integer size on NetBSD amd64

Ian Lynagh igloo at earth.li
Fri May 23 17:35:28 EDT 2008

Hi Donn,

On Thu, May 22, 2008 at 09:09:51AM -0700, Donn Cave wrote:
> Anyone have an idea what to look for?

This doesn't ring any bells for me. If I were you I'd start by trying to
work out what it's doing, by running in gdb and hitting ^C after a while
to see where it is. Then find the function in the .hc files; you might
need to recompile the module with -ddump-simpl to see what Haskell
function that C function is part of.

I suspect it'll be in something like the show integer code, in which
case adding some debugging prints might help - but you'll need to use
C's printf "%zd" or something to show any Int's, of course!

You might also want to change GHC's main to do something that you think
will tickle the bug first, e.g. print (I# (-0x8000000000000000#)).

Thanks
Ian