Understanding the undefine flags passed to gcc when linking

Bruce, Joseph R (Joe) joseph.bruce at pnl.gov
Wed Mar 12 17:21:12 EDT 2008

Hi,

When I run 'ghc -v ...', the linking is done via gcc->ld with a large
list of -u flags passed in.  I'm hoping to find a way to link my object
files without those flags, but first I need to understand what they are
doing.  Can someone explain it to me?  Or point me to documentation that
explains it?

My ultimate goal is to build a static Haskell library and make it
available to c programmers ignorant of Haskell.  The undefines described
above are a major obstacle.  Does anyone know a way around them?

Thanks,

Joe Bruce
Phone: 509.372.6198
Pacific Northwest National Laboratory