ghc binary on virtualized solaris

Christian Maeder Christian.Maeder at dfki.de
Fri Jan 18 07:05:03 EST 2008

the entry in Makefile-vars is irrelevant for Solaris. it should be:

RANLIB      = :

I did not know that the paths like for ranlib are so deeply burned into
each library package (by cabal). Indeed I have:

-bash-3.1$ type -all ranlib
ranlib is /usr/local/bin/ranlib
ranlib is /usr/ccs/bin/ranlib

I could try to rebuild my binary dist with a proper PATH.

HTH Christian