Problem building on NetBSD Alpha - Dynamic link dependency?

jim burton jim at sdf-eu.org
Wed Jan 9 14:42:21 EST 2008

I'm trying to build unregistered 6.8.2 on NetBSD Alpha 2.1.0_STABLE -- I
have the following problem which seems to be same as this one -

$ ./configure --enable-hc-boot --enable-hc-boot-unregistered
checking build system type... alpha-unknown-netbsd2.1.0.
checking host system type... alpha-unknown-netbsd2.1.0.
checking target system type... alpha-unknown-netbsd2.1.0.
Canonicalised to: alpha-unknown-netbsd
checking for ghc... no
checking for ghc-pkg matching ... no
checking for ghc-pkg... no
checking whether ghc has readline package... no
checking for nhc... no
checking for nhc98... no
checking for hbc... no
checking for ld... /usr/bin/ld
checking for path to top of build tree... ./configure[3201]: -v0: not
found
./configure[3203]: utils/pwd/pwd: not found
configure: error: cannot determine current directory

there is a temporary solution mentioned in Trac; "to link the binaries
generated by the bootstrap compiler statically". How do I make my own
statically linked versions of pwd, ghc-pkg and anything else involved?
(I don't know anything about C.)

Thanks,

Jim