problem with GHC installaion on x86_64

Yu Di diyu60607 at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 9 09:43:58 EST 2008

Hi, I found the RHEL4 souce and binary RPMs from http://forte-intl.com/~ronald/haskell/ghc/rhel4/, however, I do not have root privileges on the machine and therefore the installation attempts all failed (for binary RPM, it says can't create transaction lock /var/lock/rpm/transaction, for source RPM, it says cannot write to %sourcedir /usr/src/redhat/SOURCES). Also, I currently have no access to any machine on which there is a working ghc installation so I can't even try the nonregisterised bootstrapping procedure. What should I try now? Thanks!

Di, Yu
1.9