Any Debian Etch packages for GHC 6.8.2?

Ravi Nanavati ravi at bluespec.com
Mon Jan 7 17:22:39 EST 2008

Well... I built some (not all) of the 6.8.2-related packages in
Haskell Unsafe on etch. It's a little tricky because you need to get
some build dependencies from unstable and some from Haskell Unsafe (as
source and then build them on etch), but it is possible to work that
out. I could reconstruct the details, if you're interested (or just
put the .debs somewhere they can be downloaded).

I should also add that you need to be careful about uninstalling ghc
libraries before changing ghc versions. Otherwise the wrong ghc-pkg is
used and the uninstallation (or upgrade when you are installing new
packages) fails. I wonder if libghc6 libraries shouldn't depend on the
particular version of ghc they were compiled with (so they
automatically go if you change ghc versions).

 - Ravi