http://www.haskell.org/ghc/dist/mac_frameworks/GNUreadline-framework.zip

Christian Maeder Christian.Maeder at dfki.de
Fri Jan 4 06:03:10 EST 2008

(Let's discuss this openly on glasgow-haskell-users)

I'm not happy about this framework hick-hack either. I've only pushed
it, because we needed a readline solution on macs.

The alternative is to use static linking of gmp (as suggested by chak)
_and_ readline (version 5), so that user programs are also statically
linked with these libs. Nobody supplied a binary distribution so far,
though. I only supplied the binary distributions that I (naively) made
anyway.

Regarding this actual GNUreadline-framework.zip replacement, this is
harmless and seems to matter only for those who build ghc with
frameworks (as only the inclusion of header files changed)

In any case we should strive to fix the frameworks issues _and_ add
support for static linking of gmp, readline and possibly other libs
(plus license issues).

HTH Christian