[GHC] #2153: GHCi does not have a :source command to load further .ghci files

Simon Peyton-Jones simonpj at microsoft.com
Mon Apr 7 05:14:34 EDT 2008

|  Wow, that simple???
|
|  What needs to be done to get this in ":?" output? (It should be in the
|  manual, at least...)

Indeed!  But it's more application-note than user manual.  Fortunately, we have a place for such material, namely GHC's "collaborative documentation" (a wiki)
        http://haskell.org/haskellwiki/GHC

Would someone like to copy Claus's excellent message
        http://www.haskell.org/pipermail/haskell-cafe/2007-September/032260.html
to the Wiki documentation on GHCi, here:
        http://haskell.org/haskellwiki/GHC/GHCi

(with his permission of course). That's the right place for it.  Sam, you'd be an ideal person to do this, because you know what you wanted in the first place, so you could make sure the answer is easy to find.  But anyone else would do fine!

Simon

|        Os:  Unknown  |