module containing GADTs no longer compiles in ghc 6.8.0

Daniel Gorín dgorin at
Wed Sep 26 12:33:52 EDT 2007

I just tried to compile a project of mine that builds fine using ghc 6.6.1 and
got many errors like this:

    GADT pattern match in non-rigid context for `Opaque'
      Tell GHC HQ if you'd like this to unify the context
    In the pattern: Opaque f'
    In the expression: \ (Opaque f') -> Opaque (Box r f')
    In the definition of `box':
        box = \ (Opaque f') -> Opaque (Box r f')

I don't know what a "non-rigid context" is, nor if "I like this to unify the
context" or not, but I would certainly be happy if I could get this module to
compile again! :)

For the record, I was using ghc- Please let me know if you need
further information....

PS: On a side note, I found this error message to be kind of funny. It seems
to indicate no real error but some sort of error-message-driven poll!