Hackage and GHC 6.8

Bulat Ziganshin bulat.ziganshin at gmail.com
Mon Sep 24 13:00:27 EDT 2007

Hello Thomas,

> This is not a pretty solution and also has the problem of incorrectly
> dealing with changes to the base interface.  This, IMO, is due to
> keeping the name 'base' instead of opting to clarify the
> incompatibilities by choosing "base2".

it's not yet too late to fix it. i think that this Base2 Hell is
serious problem and we need to develop and introduce solution to it
before we can issue GHC 6.8.1

from my POV, the best solution is to provide base 1.0.* package that
just reexports all the functionality that was available in ghc 6.6;
and base 2.0 package - the current one

--
Best regards,
 Bulat                            mailto:Bulat.Ziganshin at gmail.com